Sunday, May 19, 2013

116

10/29/02




Sun, so bright it burns my eyes. Air, so still it has become a part of the everything and everything feels the same. Out there...beyond my concrete stage, lies a marshy wasteland of green and brown. Mud puddles, mirrors to what I truly am. Two pumpkins-one lost, dead and gone. The other a gangster with an eternal smile. The living one is full and round. He is an evil man who seems to prevail through it all. Here-there, he lives on. Shadows climb around the pumpkins and startle Buffy. She leaps toward the evil smiling face and barks. Her face is a mess of anger. The candle flickers inside the jack o lantern and each light that flashes inside its head, makes her angrier.



All Hallows Eve is coming...



10/31/02



All Hallows Eve was so busy that I never really had the time to fully enjoy the eeriness of the holiday.



The birth of the great Damian (October 31,1996)



The kindergarten party was a success. Damo had a wonderful time with lots of candy chips and soda. We consumed sinful amounts of sugar and caffeine. This was just a 6 year olds dream. Happy Birthday son!



11/08/02



The car broke down yesterday. The timing belt broke and I guess I will have to help my husband fix it. He always requires me to sit outside and read the instructional books.



It is so beautiful today. A little cool but still a beautiful day. Many many leaves have fallen and the Halloween decorations are long over due to be taken down. Whew! I dont have much time for all the chores I have to do. They will be coming down soon, I may have to climb the tree to pull some of them down. But Buffy seems to love the balloon ghosts. I found one that she has retrieved and chewed up. I hope that I do not forget to water the plants today. I am horrible at remembering that as well. I wring my hands nervously, wondering if I will finish all that is required of me before my husband comes home. I wonder will he be drinking tonight.



Buffy has decided to lie down in the shade under the plastic hanging from the car windows. I can hear the wind chimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment