Friday, May 17, 2013

106

2000

Fall

I saw him walk by and for the first time, I paid attention. His hair was long and blonde and he was very skinny. I noticed the white button down shirt he was wearing and noticed that he was different from the rest. His skin was light brown and he held himself like he held something odd within. I had to know him...at that point...I made a promise that I would know him.

Everyday, I walked around the interior of the plant as the other areas worked. We had different break times, you see. I started to smile at him and eventually he smiled back and started to whisper things to some other guy. I noticed this and it spurred me on. I started to question what I was doing but then I said to myself...."who would care anyway??"

And I was right, I barely got any attention at home and Venum was always strung out on dope. I used every excuse to justify what I was going for....and I went. Thing is...I still do not regret it.
I decided to find out more about him because I noticed that after work, he walked behind the plant. I wondered why he did that and quickly came to the conclusion that he must live somewhere in the neighborhood behind the factory. So one day...I drove around in that neighborhood in hopes that I might catch a glimpse of him. I was nervous and I guess this was stalker type actions but I didnt care...I was too curious because I was too much of a chicken to just approach him liek most people would. I had convinced myself as well, that chance meeting was not near as bad as arranged meeting. Who was I joking...a sin is just a sin.

I drove around until I saw this blond, tanned skin man sitting on his porch reading something...it was a yellow pages. I drove by once then doubled back to make sure it was him. Then I left. I was too nervous to stop.

The next day at work, I asked him what he was reading in the yellow pages while sitting on the porch and he was shocked to find that I had driven by and secretly spied on him...but he smiled too. This was how I broke the ice.


2000

The second drive by

I drove by his house again and started to slow down. I became nervous when I saw him and then I drove away. I saw him laughing at me as I drove down the road away from him. I was watching him grow smaller and smaller in my rearview mirror scolding myself for being there and for driving away. I was very confused.


2000

This time, I stopped. He was outside walking around without a shirt on...well, I had to stop...for christs sake...he had no shirt on. I pulled up parallel to his yard and opened my window. He walked over and looked in at me asking if I wanted to get out. I said no and then he asked if he could sit in my car and to this, I said yes. He climbed into the passenger seat and looked over at me. I caught my breath when I saw how green his eyes wear. They were almost emerald green. He smiled at me and started to talk. I noticed his tattoo on his left shoulder and it was of a lightning bolt. I didn't aske him what it was for because that question is always lame. I then showed him my first tattoos of my son's name and two other silly tattoos that I had. We talked about all sorts of thing and he told me where he was from. He had come from the Lakota Reservation in South Dakota and he was staying here while his father was on some sort of business. His father was German and his mother was Lakota. He said , he might return there soon and that his stay in Mississippi may possibly be shortened. I lied to him then...I told him that I was going through a seperation because in my heart I felt that that might be what I had to do to be happy. I asked him what his name was and he said George but then he stopped and gave me a strange look. It was as if someone else took over his body and mind. His eyes wavered and changed color. The green turned gradually to a blue hue and then he spoke again.
I am Rides Lightning. The magic man pointed to his left shoulder and smiled. I put my finger on the lightning bolt and suddenly I did not feel so alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment