Sunday, January 13, 2013

62


That thing which gave me strength and invincibility when I was sitting at the river; it wasn't here now. I stood for a long time just looking in the mirror at the Masked Madame. I turned to check my hair and the knife poked me in the ribs. "Ouch fucking Ouch!" That was the most idiotic thing that I could have done. I thought quickly of a way to conceal my weapon. I was scared, I did not know this man and he could be a murderer. I stuck my hand into my bodice and retrieve the little sticker. I looked at the blade and sat it on the sink.

"What the fuck have I gotten myself into? I haven't even gotten any money yet." I looked in the mirror and wished that giggly silly dark thing would come and save me...but that thing was not here. I knew that I had to do this on my own...as Sherrie...the scaredy cat. I pouted and then picked up the knife again.

" I guess I will put this out there ...somewhere...where I can get to it...I don't know...ugggh!" I stopped fuming and exhaled.

I heard a manly voice call from somewhere close to the bathroom. "Are you ready, baby?"

I cringed at the thought of dancing for the old man. He seemed frail enough but looks can be decieving in this odd world of ours. so, that was it...it was time...and there I went.

I opened the door and walked out of the room. The hallway was long and so I had time to think of a basic routine to play by. At the end of the hallway was a large room. A room larger than any I had ever seen before. I looked around and did not see anyone at first. I saw a bar, several couches and a huge sculpture. Then, with further survey of the room, I saw him. He was sunken into the very large chair near the right corner of the room. He wore clothes and that was a good thing. I let out a nervous sigh and approached him. As I walked toward him he beckoned me further. I saw the bills in his hand and so I perked up a bit.

"Here you go sweetheart, I thought I better pay you before the show." He cackled and sit back sipping some strange looking yellow drink. I cringed as his lips curled around the brim of the glass and he slurped.

I closed my eyes a moment in hopes that the presence would take over me and bring me through this. She or he or it...they were absent..nothing. I could not believe that the thing which drew me here would abandon me. I swayed slowly and then stopped. I looked down at the man and he was laughing.

" I guess you could use a little music , huh?" he reached out with a small black remote and switched the music on. I could not see where it came from but it came non the less..a raving brooding rhythm that I did not recognize. I felt it and it felt me...and I swayed again. Moving my hips, I dipped down lown and grinded back up again. At times I opened my eyes to see what the old coot wad doing and then I would close them again, silently calling the silly thing to come to me. My hair whipped round twice and I got dizzy. When I opened my eyes one hand was in his pants and the other claw was gripping his chair. I closed my eyes again and rolled my stomach caressing my torso and walking toward him. I opened my eyes and I was frozen. The old man was shaking, convulsing and spitting white foamy stuff onto his collar. I gasped and stood still. what was happening?

"Sir, are you okay?" I watched him as if he was a movie. I could not move. I think time did stand still for a moment and then he came to and he smiled

"Ah, so you think you are gonna cheat me of my dance, huh? I will just take what I want then." He rose and growled at me.

..he chased me. I remember running from that old man in that house that I did not know. I looked frantically for the front door but could not recognize what I was looking at. I was feeling faint. I ran round the bar and into the bathroom.

 I don't know what happened in that space of time between closing myself off in that bathroom and fleeing but I remember the glass of that hell house imbedded in my arm. I know that I ran and I got out, I know that I cried because my make up was smeared onto my face when I looked into the mirror for the first time at the gas station. I remember the way that people starred and whistled at me when I ran into the bathroom. I threw up twice in that disgusting toilet in that disgusting bathroom...I got rid of that disgusting feeling from that disgusting man. I cried and cried and never once did that silly giddy strange part of me come to the rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment