Friday, January 11, 2013

50


12/23/1993




The clock in the car said 4:30. My eyes tried to adjust again while I fumbled with the car keys. I looked at my hands dropping the keys in the floorboard, there was blood all over my fingers but no cuts. I looked up adjusting the rear view mirror and saw the blood on the corner of my lips . My heart beat wildly and I blacked out again.



12/23/1993



I don't know how I managed to drive back to the hotel but I know I took a shower, cried and crawled into bed. My brother stirred on the other bed but never woke. He had passed out from drinking and never knew I was gone. I know I slept then.



12/23/1993



My brother woke me standing over me fussing. He kept telling me that we had to get home for Christmas and if we left then, we would be home before Christmas Eve. It was already afternoon and we had a 5 hour drive to home. I mumbled and pulled myself up out of the bed. My whole body ached and my hands shook. My brother questioned me about why I was acting so weird but I never noticed how I was acting. I seemed normal enough to myself.

I reached into my jeans from the night before to retrieve my money and my hand rammed into something sharp. I winced in pain and withdrew my fingers. My finger was bleeding and I suddenly felt dizzy. The sharp pain woke me up and made me feel sick. I stuck my finger into my mouth and reached into my pocket carefully with my other hand. I withdrew a broken vial from my jeans pocket and sighed frustrated. The love potion was spilled all inside my pocket. So much for that.



I reached up to my neck and found the beaded necklace still intact. I played with the strand for a moment.



My brother nudged me. "Are you ready to go?"

No comments:

Post a Comment