Sunday, January 13, 2013

59


June

"So, what do you do? I mean, how do you pay for this place?" I asked Nasha this question when we were finally alone and her pager was not going off like crazy.

Nasha smiled. "I will have to introduce you to Robert." She smiled and continued to wash her dishes in the little sink in the corner of her bedroom. She had this comical look on her face.

Her pager went off and she cursed it. Running her hand through her hair, she turned to me and made a sad face.

"Hey, I have to go to work. But, I wont be gone long. Would you just wait around for me? I mean, we can go hang out tonight." She hesitated, "I can introduce you to Betty and Sami."

I plopped back down on her pillow and sighed. "Okay".

Nasha asked me to come into the bathroom and talk to her while she got ready. It was torture to watch her undress and not being sure if she welcomed my touch. I was so enamored by her beauty and her smell. She climbed into a large clawfoot tub and pulled the curtain. As steam began to rise, I started to relay my life in the past year. When I started to talk about Matt, she got quiet, so I moved on.

She dressed ,left the house and I was alone. I got high again and popped a paxil.

Later that night...

I awoke to laughter...laughter throughout the house. I sat up and shook my head. I was still in my jeans and tank top and my hair was a mess. I went to Nasha's bathroom and freshened up. I dug into my bag and put on some of my Poison perfum, my favortie perfume. I ran down the stairs and stood in the foyer. To the left was a closed door and to the right I saw them, all of them...I suppose. Nasha was there, hanging over the back of a couch onto someone's shoulder...a woman. Donna sat in the big recliner on the far side and some petite and very tanned goth girl sat on the floor rolling a joint. Two guys were sitting on the other couch laughing and coughing. I entered and said a timid hello. Nasha looked toward me and smiled, screaming my name.

I went into the room and looked around. Nasha introduced me to Betty whom she was just hanging over previously. Betty was a very tall vulumpuous woman with a long braid hung over her shoulder. She seemed very open and friendly and she stood to say hello. She hugged me and made a happy noise...mmmm. Nasha called Sami's name and she looked up. she had daggers for eyes, she made a dismisive noise then looked back down. Nasha scolded her and she looked back up.

"Hello Sherrie" she said with disdain.

The two guys were staring and so Nasha introduced them as Joe and Tip. Apparently Joe was her new boyfriend. I bowed and took a seat next to Betty. We passed the joint around and we all got high.

even Later

I awoke to an iguana being shoved into my face. I screamed and backed away across the carpet. I could hear laughter and could see fuzzy faces. My vision was still adjusting to the scene before me. After a time, the face became solid but I did not recognize her. I looked around and noticed that I was not in the same place. I was not in the big house anymore...haha. This lady was middle aged and I had no idea who she was. I looked around the floor and saw an empty wine bottle and an empty plastic bag. My quarter sack was completely gone. My brown jewelry chest sat empty and starring at me.

"Damnit!"

Nasha came in a doorway to my right and squealed

"Sherrie, you're awake!!! Let's go out!"

And so the night began.

No comments:

Post a Comment