Thursday, March 14, 2013

72

Fall
1994

The nights bled into days and days did the same for us. We were young and rushing into the future...a very uncertain future that I sat and contemplated about on various occasions.
There was always Christie and Tricky...sometimes there was Tracey. I remember going riding in Tracey's tracker with Venum, Tricky and Christie. We were always high or drunk and most of the time, we were lost down some back road somewhere in the Northern part of Mississippi. Things are blurry but I can remember strange cemetaries, woods and old houses...dilapitated houses where visions of playing SOS on rotten walls sticks in my mind. I remember breaking old furniture an making fires. We would hang out and drink like bums until it was time for Father Sun to rise.
One night, Tricky beat Christie up and Venum wanted to kill him. I watched Venum fashioning a weapon to use on Tricky while Tracey tried to calm him down. Apparently, Tricky had beaten up Christie while riding with them in Tracey's truck. When he realized that Tracey was about to go nuts on him, he bolted into the woods. That night me and Venum had been in my car riding behind them. We wondered why Tricky ran into the woods. Tracey said he had snorted too much coke.
I never really liked cocaine that much. I tried it once on its own but that is a later story.

Fall 1994

My school work was failing miserably. I slept in class more than I paid attention. AFter a certain point, I just stopped going to school altogether. I found partying to be much more fun than sitting in class...well sleeping after partying that is. I began to take mini thins every day and drink every night after second shift. It was one friend's house to the next. Bobby welcomed us over to his house to drink with him and his wife. I remember tripping so hard while looking at their strange dog.
There was the night that me and Venum decided to sneak out to Bay Springs and skinny dip. I found out how odd it was to have sex while in the water. I could not swim and when he took me out to the deep end to help me learn, I climbed on top of his head and almost drowned both of us. I was a hot mess out there in the water. When we heard people coming, we decided to jump out and make way for home. Many times, we wandered the back roads near Bay Springs and we would get lost. Getting lost was fun in itself when you are finally found.
There were others though and many places in which we frequented while drunk or stoned. The memory becomes faded over time and muddled together. There were nights when I wandered strange places and forget where I was until I saw Venum's face again. At some point I figured out that Venum was doing stronger drugs. I noticed that he didn't just get stoned and drunk. I caught a glimpse of him snorting something off a notebook. I was coming back toward someone's back door after taking a walk in the dark. I saw it but it didn't register with me as to how serious it really was. I was always too  out of it to care. I just kept the memory hidden away for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment