Tuesday, March 12, 2013

70

Fall of 1994

So, with talk of babies and such...this thing grew more complicated by the minute. The thing inside grew aggitated and angry. It's mind was troubled and defensive. I could barely keep a rein on the thing inside...she just wanted to rule.
Venum's sister made the assumption that since he lived with me, she could come and go as she pleased. She also had an asshole of a boyfriend named Tricky. OH, this was a unique one to say the least. He was tall and very dark and looked quite similar to the rapper, Bust a rhymes. Christie, Venum's sister was at my apartment at least 4 days out of the week and needed a ride to work and to school. I grew aggitated by her presence because of all the extra things that I had to do for her. I did not feel like she was part of the package in mine and Venum's relationship. She felt differently. I dropped hints at how she should stay at home but she didn't seem to take hints very well. She was just always there. I felt a hatred brew up and grow stronger with each passing day. Each time she and her boyfriend came in my front door and plopped down, I had a bad taste in my mouth. At some point, the thing inside grew even more angry and told Venum that enough was enough. That is when things got ugly.
The first time that I told him that his sister should stay at home more often, he tried to convince me that she would grow tired of coming over and so I waited a couple weeks. She never seemed to grow tired of being there at all, in fact, she started to come over every day. I couldn't take it anymore and so I talked to Venum about it again. I could see he was getting frustrated with the whole situation. I do not really know if it was me or her that he grew angry with but I could see a change in his demeanor. I pushed the situation, I pushed my remedy on him one more time and then he broke.
He was drinking already that night and the thing inside me did not care. She went up to him and insisted that he tell his sister to stop coming over all the time. It was pointless because he told me to do it myself and so I said okay. But before the night was over, Venum got so drunk that he started to throw things and scream. He called me names and ranted on and on about how I was being a bitch and blowing things out of proportion. He smashed his whiskey bottle against the wall and punched the wall as well. Then he started to threaten to kill himself. That is when I went to him and tried to hold him down. After throwing me off several times, he quieted down. I agreed to talk to his sister myself. And this I did.
She was angry to say the least but she complied. Finally, I had accomplished something and fixed one problem. But the things that I had seen in Venum the night before truly disturbed me. I glanced at the brusises on my forearm where he had thrown me off him and wondered what the hell I was doing here. The thing inside whispered to me and said
"coward..."

1994

Things were strained between Venum and I and Christie was not talking to me at all. After a while, Christie and her boyfriend wandered back over to my apartment again and quickly started wearing out their welcome. It was like a disease with them. It was a cancer...just when you think you have it cut out it comes back even stronger. The look that Christie gave me when she first came back to my apartment was one that said she had won some little victory. Tricky was as obnoxious as ever with his untrustworthy grin. I grew to hate being around them but I tried to stomach it because I was beginning to love Venum. The peaceful times when the apartment wasn't being barraged by crack heads and drunks was actually nice.
There were nights when me and Venum sat up all night long and talked about things that most people did not talk about. We would have sex all night and raid the refrigerator. Sometimes, we would sit outside and talk half the night or until it started to rain. On other nights we would run the streets of Mtown and drink until we could barely walk..then, right before dawn, we would rush home and pull the covers over our heads. We could hear the sunlight roaring as the sun made it's announcement right above the horizon.
Sometimes, the peabody hotel would keep us occupied all night. From penthouse to ballroom, we cavorted and drank fuzzy navals and whiskey. Right before the  dawn, we would go to the roof and watch the sky get its first colors. Then...again, we would race the sun and fall into deep sleep beneathe my grandmother's quilts.
We had our fun and so why were things so volatile?

1994
We had a party one night that was absolutely  out of control. Although there was only 10 people present, we played truth or dare. Lori and Toni were already drunk when they arrived and the rest of us soon followed their lead. We played Truth or Dare and many ungodly things occured. There were joint shotguns, blowjobs and straight out sex. And we were seeing red...dripping red and blurry vision. hahaha  At least three couples had sex in our bed that night. I could hear them through the door and the rest of us put our ear to the door to listen. I know one girl had at least two partners, one of which was supposed to be a gay male...appartently he turned out to be bisexual. When me and Venum decided to turn in for the night, a girl came out of my closet with a guy after the lights were out and the door was shut.
By morning, some were angry at the things that they had done some were pale and hung over. Bottles and clothing were strewn all around the living room and the front door was wide open.
The mean old lanlord was standing outside his office evil eyeing the apartment as I closed the door and proceeded to clean the house. One by one or two by two, disheveled party goers gathered thier things and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment