Wednesday, March 13, 2013

71

Fall 1994

I remember her name...Babette. She was a little rat snake that me and Venum caught outside the factory on one of our breaks during work. She was a beautiful silvery color and I just went nuts over her; of course I wanted to keep her. She was named after a women in the Vampire Chronicles, a woman that Louis was in love with but had no chance to be with because he became immortal. The name just fit her.
We carried her back to my our apartment and until we got an aquarium for her, we would keep her in a zipped up pillow case. The first night she was home, I played with her in the bed. I let her crawl all around my arms and hands marvelling at how soft and slick she was  and how warm even. But I played with her too much and she got lost in the bed covers. We never found her again. Babette was there and then she was gone...so very quickly.

1994

Life with Venum was not always hectic and chaotic. Sometimes he would do things that was awfully nice for me. When I would come home from school at lunch, he would sometimes have the whole apartment clean and food cooked. He would be sitting in the corner smoking a Newport and smiling. I was so surprised and impressed that I would immediately kiss him and thank him.
Some days, he would pick me up from school and we would get a burger. Even though the little red Grand Am was mine that my father gave me; Venum drove it more than I did. He would get angry if I ever told him that he couldn't drive it. It was a brooding anger most of the time that I was afraid of. There were occasions though, that the thing would rise up and insist that he leave my car parked. That is when he would throw those tantrums and refuse to talk to me. It was an odd situation but I tried to keep the thing in check until she wanted to have fun with Venum. It was a criss crossed and very strange manner of relations between the three of us. When the thing wasn't around, me and Venum got along okay unless he wanted to go out drinking or partying...then I would try and be responsible about drinking and driving and such...but I was easily manipulated by Venum when he stood his ground and he usually go what he wanted. But, on the other hand, When the thing was around and giggling and roving inside me...she and he could party all night until they had a difference of opinion....then it was like war...broken bottles and brusises.

1994

I started taking mini thins....energy pills to stay awake in school. One day I took too many and when Venum picked me up, I threw up in the car. We were on the way to see my friends in Ripley and I just hurled all over myself. Venum stopped the car and let me clean up a little...I told him to take me home. On the way, I realized that I was very hungry. The sun was blasting over head and I felt dizzy. I needed rest.

1994

I spent a weekend at my parent's house to get the rest of my things moved. My parent's did not know about Venum and I did not tell them for two reasons. Number one: He was black and my father was against interracial relationships. Number two: My parents were totally against co habitation. Whenver some one from my family would come to see my apartment, I would hide him in the closet until they were gone.
ONe weekend, I decided to return to the apartment early and be with Venum. When I got there and went into the bedroom, I was kind of shocked. I saw a used condomn in a cup by the bed. I woke him and asked him about it. He said he had masturbated and did not want to get 'cum' on the bed. I believed him at the time because I wanted to believe him but as you see....I never forgot it and I wonder how true that is.
Maybe I wonder  who she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment